What Personal Information do we collect?
"Personal Information" is information about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Personal Information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) name, date of birth, contact details including address and telephone numbers, gender, occupation and employment details, bank account details, financial information including salary and asset holdings, business profile.
In some cases, the information above may pertain to entities and not only individuals
When we collect your Personal Information
We collect the Personal Information in the following instances:
- When you visit our website
- Buy our products or services;
- Request information about us, our products or our services;
- Provide feedback;
- Fill in a form on our website; or
- Contact us by telephone, fax, email, post or in person.
We do not collect any Personal Information except when you knowingly provide it. When you visit our website, our website host may collect information for statistical, reporting and maintenance purposes to improve the performance of the website. These information may include:
- The number of users visiting our website and the number of pages viewed;
- The date, time and duration of a visit;
- The IP address of your computer
- The path taken through our website
Why we collect Personal Information
- To allow us to conduct our business functions and to market and sell our products and services.
- To provide information as requested by you from time to time
- To perform data analysis (market research, surveys, etc.)
- To assist customers by providing them with information and support
- To personalise and customise your experiences with our website;
- To manage and administer any account you may hold with us;
- To promote and market our products and services to you or provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To personalise and customise your experiences on our website;
- To help us research the needs of our customers and to market our products and services with a better understanding of your needs and the needs of customers generally;
- To conduct research for the purposes of improving existing products or services or creating new products or services;
- To process any job application submitted by you;
- To allow us to provide advertising material to you regarding us, our clients, and other business partners; and
- To share your Personal information with our related entities, business partners and selected third parties
- To detect unlawful behavior and maintain the safety and security of the website
You consent to us using your Personal Information in the above said ways. We may also use your Personal Information for other purposes not listed above. If we do so, we will make it known to you at the time we collect or use your Personal Information.
We do not otherwise disclose your Personal Information without your permission, unless the disclosure is required or authorized by law, including without limitation the National Privacy Principles, and from 12th March, 2014, The Australian Privacy Principles, under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
To whom we give your Personal Information
Sundaram may disclose your Personal Information to its related entities, service providers, third parties, etc. to provide products or services you’ve requested or under the following circumstances:
- We may share information with related entities, branch offices, parent companies, third parties, Customers, etc. for business purposes.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information to our website host (if this is a third party) or software application providers in certain limited circumstances.
- We may provide the information to entities who perform work for us under a Confidentiality Deed.
- We may share the Personal Information with statutory and regulatory authorities, government bodies for compliance purposes or by a decree, order or authorization of law.
In these circumstances you consent to the collection, use, storage and processing of your Personal information.
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user’s computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns to personalise and enhance experience on websites.
Cookies may be used on our website to monitor web traffic, for example the time of visit, pages visited and some system information about the type of computer used. We may use this information to enhance the content and services offered on our website.Cookies may also be used to collect information about what web pages you visit and the type of software you are using. If you access our website or click-through an email we send you, a cookie maybe downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive.Cookies may also be used for other purposes on our website but in each case none of the information collected can be used to personally identify you.
You can configure your browser to accept or reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, you can customise your choices regarding cookies and set your cookie preferences accordingly.
We may also use your Personal Information to send promotional material, about us or our products and services of our related entities and third parties, now and in the future. You consent to us sending you such information by means of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages. If you do not want to receive marketing calls and messages from us you can contact us in the ways specified below.
Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
You are entitled to access, modify or remove your Personal Information we hold about you. A request for access can be made by contacting our Privacy Officer in ways as mentioned below. We take reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested, and properly update the information provided to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Please contact us if you would like to update your Personal Information we have about you ways specified below.
Storage and Security of Personal Information
We aim to keep your Personal Information secure and any information collected via our website or which is held on our computer systems is protected by safeguards including physical, technical (firewalls, SSL encryption, etc.) and procedural methods.
We do not collect sensitive or financial information about our users via our website.
If we find that we have no further need for your Personal Information we may remove it from our systems and destroy all record of it.
Phone: +91 44 2859 9900
Or write to us at:
Sundaram Business Services Limited Attn: Privacy Officer No. 20, Patullos Road, Chennai- 600002, Tamil Nadu, India